11/08/2011

Bread addicted


We all have our addictions, some more leathal than others (R.I.P Amy). My over-the-average survival instinct has kept me away from smoking, drinking alcohol and driving fast. But that doesn't mean I'm addiction free.

On top of my list you will find shooting pictures, watching all kinds of americans TV shows, listening to music, reading, the city of Lisbon. Obviously a lot of them are also related to food: chocolate, baking, cookbooks, bread...  I'm not sure where the list stops, but let's focus on those last two.


Library are places of doom for my weekly budget: novels, historical books, mysteries... and obviously cookbooks. There is always something on the shelves, making me go "Oh! I want to try this".
And now that it's so easy to order of the internet, it made it only worse. Guess who ordered a new cookbook, no later than this morning...

Making and eating bread is an other one. Now I do have mixed feeling about this one. It's my favorit to make and eat, but being white bread it's not really on the healthy side, and I like it so much that I end up eating too much of it.
Out of the oven it's so good I don't even need to spread Nutella on it to enjoy it fully, that's how much I like it.

White Bread (from "Pains de Tradition" by Marguerite Rousseau)


For 1 Loaf

10gr of Fresh Baker Yeast
20cl of Tepid Water
10cl of Soy Milk
500gr of Flour
10gr of Salt
25gr of Sugar
50gr of Butter, at room temperature

Sprinkle the fresh yeast in the tepid water to disolve it. Heat up the milk a little in the microwave.

I used my kitchenaid with the dough hook. In the bowl, put the flour and than add all the ingredients. Start slowly to combine everything and increase the speed as you go on, until it's smooth and elastic.

Dust a bit of flour on your working surface, put the bread dough on it, and fold it a few times before putting it back in the bowl. Cover it with a clean cloth and let it rise for two hours.

Butter a loaf tin. Put the bread dough again on your working surface, and work it into the shape of your tin, place it in, and cover it with a cloth again to let it rise for one more hour.

Preheat your oven to 220°C with a ceramic bowl containing water in it. Place the bread in it for about 40 minutes.

Let it cool on a rack and wait for it to be cold to slice it.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire