09/09/2011

Color your life with green beans


I have apparently a color defining problem, I'm not colorblind though, but people keep disagreeing with me about the color of certain items I own. Like my army green sweater, that everybody thinks is brown, or my purple coffee machine that is supposebly blue... This is up to debate, who says I'm the one who's wrong after all?

Colors in my plate is something I enjoy, like the german say "Das Auge isst mit", which means something like the eye eats too. We even had color themed diners at my portuguese class, green and yellow might be fun, but when it comes to blue, you need to scratch your head a little to come up with something.

On a daily basis, it is a good thing to make our plate colorfull, not only does it make it more appealing, but a variety of colors means a variety of nutrients and vitamins. I'm not a nutritionist, so i'll let you read this article to know more about the befenits that comes with each color.


Still on a budget, I thought a pasta dish would be a good option, but preferably on the healthy side. I saw this lovely fresh green beans on the stand, and for only 70 cents I got 300 grams, it got me two meals: a nice cold salad with cumin and chickpeas, and this lovely pasta dish. And don't even think about using canned green beans btw ;)

Pasta with Green Beans


Serves 1

60gr of Pasta (like macaroni)
150gr of Green Beans
100gr of Bacon
1/2 an Onion
4 Dried Tomatoes
A Slice of Lemon
Parmesan
Olive Oil

Wash the green beans and take the ends away. Put a pan of salted water on a high heat, and when it comes to the boil, put the green beans in for 4 to 5 minutes. Take them out and set them aside for the moment.

Cut the onion and put them in a frying pan with a little bit of olive oil, when they are softened, add the cubbed bacon and let it color a little. Cut the dried tomatoes into little cubes, add them aswell as the green beans.

Cook the macaronis, and add them to the frying pan to mix everything well together. Serve on a plate with some grated parmesan and a slice of lemon.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire