01/04/2012

April is here, don't be a fool!


Flowering trees, a sun shining like there is no tomorow, it almost feels like the summer is around the corner. But we all know this won't quite last as long as we wished it would. Because, as my grand'ma would say "au mois d'avril, ne te découvre pas d'un fil..."
It doesn't mean we should not enjoy it while it lasts. Personnaly, when the weather is like this, it feels like barbecue time to me. It's not something I have the chance to do much where I live, but I'm lucky enough to be able to do it at my parent's place.


A barbecue standard here, is the famous merguez sausage, which I've posted the recipe before, on this very blog. But grilling the sausage on the inside, is not the best option, unless you can do it with your widows open wide.
As it happens sometimes, I also had a craving for some good burger. I do not go to any of those famous fast food chains (just watch super size me...), but I love having my own american night at home, so why not bringing both together: spicy lamb patties in a soft bun.
Roasted potatoes, a burger, a good movie, the only thing missing is a diner waitress on roller skates serving me!

Spicy Lamb Burger with Lemon Caramelised Onions


For 2 Hamburgers

2 Hamburger Buns
4 Merguez Sausages (about 300gr)
3 Tablespoons of Bread Crumbs
3 New Onions
1 Lemon
1 Tablespoon of Sugar
1 Tomato
Ketchup
Olive Oil
Salt, Pepper

Open the sausage to take out the stuffing and place it in a bowl, add the bread crumbs and the lemon zests to it. Combine everything well and form two round patties, if needed, add some more bread crumbs. Place them in the fridge until you are going to use them.

Slice the onions finely. In a pan, put the onions, some olive oil, add salt, pepper and the sugar. On a medium heat let the onions caramelise slowly. When they are starting to be soft, add the juice of the lemon and let it cook for at least 20 minutes, until it has almost the consistency of jam. Set aside.

Cut your buns open, if you wish you can grill them (those had just been made, so I prefered to keep them soft). On the bottom, put some ketchup on the bun and place a thick slice of tomato on it.
In a griddle pan, start cooking slowly your patties, I would say about 6 to 7 minutes each side, but I like it well done.

When the patty is done, place it on the tomato and top it with some caramelised onions. Close your bun and enjoy it with some fries or roasted potatoes.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire