03/07/2012

Sweet Crostata: Peach and Blueberry


For any one who knows me a little, it won't be a surprise if I admit that I have a one track mind, or as I like to phrase it: I'm constant in my affections. I'm still following the same band I liked as a teenager, I know some of my best friends since kindergarden, I can't imagine not liking chocolate anymore any day soon...etc

Don't get me wrong, I try not to just stick to what I know. Getting to know different music, people, ingredients, cultures, language, writers... is a daily challenge I try to face, not always with the expected results, but that's part of the experience, aka life. But still, it's nice to go back to what you know sometimes.


I'm also slightly obsessive (not a compulsive disorder, yet) when I watch a TV show, for instance, I'll most likely marathon my way thru it in a few weeks. Or when I cook/bake something I like, I'll try many variations while I'm on the roll. That crostata last week was really fun to make, in addition to being good. So the sweet tooth I am couldn't let it go without a dessert version of it.

I try to limit my baking during the week, because I end up eating most of it, which has annoying consequences. So in order not too have a too bad conscious about this one, I tried not too make it too sweet and with some lovely fruits. After all, if even the Cookie Monster is switching to fruits, why shouldn't we all!

Peach and Blueberry Crostata


for the crust
300gr of Flour (T110 organic)
70gr of Ground Almonds
50gr of Brown Sugar
125gr of Mascarpone
115gr of Butter, cold and cut in cubes
2 Eggs
1/2 a Teaspoon of Cinnamom
1/2 a Teaspoon of Salt

for the filling
5 Peaches
100gr of Blueberry
30gr of Brown Sugar
30gr of Butter, cut in cubes

In a food processor place the flour, the almonds, the sugar, the mascarpone, the butter, the salt and cinnamom. Start mixing until it reaches a crumble like consistency. Add the two eggs down the funnel of the processor, and when a dough starts to form, tip it on your floured worksurface. Form a ball, cover it with cling film and leave it in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.

Preheat the oven 190°C.

On a parchement paper, roll out the dough you've taken out of the fridge to a 35-40cm diameter circle and place it on an oven tray.
Clean and cut the peaches in 8 slices, and place them on the dough, leaving out a 5cm rim on the outside. Spread the blueberries evenly on top of the peaches, sprinkle the sugar on the fruits and place little cubes of butter on top.

Fold the outside rim around the pie, to cover partly the fruits (look at the pictures, it might be better than my explanation). Place the tray in the oven for about 45 minutes, until the dough has a nice golden color. Leave it to cool before serving.

2 commentaires:

  1. Such pretty food Marilyne! This makes me feel very hungry!

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Thank you! With all those fruits it's also healthy... at least that's what I'm telling myself when I'm taking a second slice ;)

      Supprimer