05/08/2012

Ricotta and Lemon Cake


I'm in a sweet tooth mood lately, not that I'm ever out of it, but I'm just finding myself looking for chocolatey/sugary things around the house these days. And the best way not to munch down everything that falls into my hand, is to have some cookies or cake in the house, so that I can reason myself with having just a slice (or at least I try...).

As we are actually having something ressembling summer these days, I thought something with lemon would be nice. I didn't have enough time on my hands to make a cheesecake, but I remembered seeing a nice italian ricotta cake a while back and thought this was the right time to try it.

I loved the result, it's a nice moist cake, that I would serve with fresh raspberries next time I bake it. I read it keeps nicely, but it didn't survive long enough here for me to confirm that. So for a nice breakfast or to go with your tea time (watching the London olympic games, obviously) I would recommend this cake.

Ricotta and Lemon Cake (based on a recipe from BBC Good Food)


175gr Butter, softened
175gr of Sugar
2 Lemons
4 Eggs
250gr of Ricotta
125gr of Flour
2 Tablespoons Baking Powder

Preheat the oven to 180°C.

Butter a 24cm springfrom cake tin and flour it aswell. Using the stand mixer, beat the butter with the sugar for about 2-3minutes. Add the zest of both lemons, aswell as the juice of one, then the ricotta and the egg yolks.

Whisk the egg white into a soft peak and fold them in gently into the ricotta mixture. Still gently, add now the flour and baking powder.

Pour the batter in the cake tin and place in the oven for 40 minutes. Let it cool in the tin before releasing it.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire